Comments and response guidelines
- Your name will be published with your response.
- Responses are moderated before posting and publication is at the discretion of Drinkaware editorial team.
- Once published, you will not have the right to remove or edit your response. Removal or editing of responses is at Drinkaware editorial team’s absolute discretion.
- By submitting this comment you are agreeing to our full response terms and requirements.
Full terms and requirements
- When you submit a response, you agree to the following, which may be amended from time to time:
- We aim to post relevant comments as quickly as we are able to within a small team. It is at our absolute discretion whether we publish any particular response.
- We won't publish responses that we think are not appropriate, are likely to end in legal difficulties, and/or appear to be, obscene, libellous (or would require us spending time or money to establish that they aren't), in some other way illegal (for example, inciting racial hatred, contempt of court, breach of intellectual property rights), incomprehensible, insubstantial, not written in English, almost entirely a quote from somewhere else, gratuitously rude, blatant advertising , or are sent by someone who does not provide adequate and accurate personal details including a functioning email address, or from people we suspect have used an alias, or who does not respond to email. In most cases we will make our own judgements on the sorts of legal issues mentioned above, rather than refer them to our lawyer. The same applies to other breaches - contempt of court, copyright, etc.
- If only a line or two of an otherwise OK response is defamatory or extremely abusive, we may delete the line and post the rest.
- Your response must be original and not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights.
- Your name will be published with your response. If you want your email address to appear, include it in the body of the text of your response.
- We reserve the right to edit responses before and after publication.
- Once a response has been published on the website, you will not have the right to have it removed or edited in any way. The Drinkaware editorial team shall, however, be able to remove any article at its absolute discretion.
- Authors are responsible for the accuracy of what they say in their comments. We cannot check facts, though we may challenge authors if we think they are wrong and may ask them to substantiate what they say- for example by giving a reference.
- We avoid entering into lengthy correspondence about why we have not posted a response, it's not a good use of our resources and it is at our discretion.
- If asked to submit any competing interest declaration, this must be done honestly and truthfully.